Tuition includes weekly classes, songbook, two CDs, unlimited makeup classes, access to the Family Music Zone and Hello Everybody app, unlimited makeup classes and unlimited singing, dancing, playing bonding and joy!
Sing-Dance-Play may take photographs and video recordings of your child or you, or both of you together, and use them in printed or electronic formats for advertising and educational purposes. Please notify your teacher if you wish not to have your child’s image used on our website or print advertising.
1. Minimize talking. We hope you make social connections in class! But we ask you to talk and socialize before and after class. Give your child and everyone in our group a special chance to be musically focused for an entire 45 minutes.
2. Fully participate! You are the primary role model for your child - and all of the children in class. If you commit to singing, dancing and playing your children will learn that making music is fun!
3. Allow your child to form their own style in class. Some children will quietly observe while others need to move. Allowing them to move and explore freely allows them to learn most effectively.
4. For safety reasons, do not allow your child to run in class: Most children can understand this rule between the ages of 16 months and 2 years. We understand that our children are "works in progress,” and we don't expect them to behave perfectly. The best way we've found to enforce no running is to remind them of the rule before each class, and let them know that if they run in class, you'll have them take a break by stepping out for a few moments. Then every time they run, gently remove them from the room without talking or reprimanding. We are happy to talk about this, and teachers can also help by speaking to your child in a "trialogue" including you, before or after class.
5. Set phones to vibrate and keep them in your bag.
6. Give snacks before class. If your child gets hungry during class, please take them out of the room for a snack. Breastfeeding and bottles are OK!
7. Put all mouthed instruments into the wet box. Mouthing is an important part of young children’s exploration and it is okay. Set aside mouthed instruments to go in the wet box.
8. Minimize photography/video: We allow for occasional photography/filming of your child. However most of our class time needs to be focused on music making and your child. Please keep it from being a distraction from class.
9. Be Comfortable! Modify as needed: You’re going to be asked to get up and move at least twice per class. Please modify activities with respect to your physical limitations and your child’s needs. Prioritize taking care of yourself and your child.
10. If your child has had fever, vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours, do not bring them to class. You can use a make-up and we are flexible about extra make-ups due to sickness.
Listen to your recording! Repeat! Enjoy the activities in your songbooks and ideas from your teacher.
Start a musical ritual: Sing a lullaby, dance, beat on some pots and pans! Make up new lyrics to our songs!
Have fun!! Your authentic enjoyment of making music is the most influential factor in your child’s music learning at this stage.